These are Mom’s spicy meatballs, as best as she remembered. You can adjust the spiciness to suite your tastes. I usually use 5-6 jalapeno’s, sliced, and 3-4 habenero’s quartered with the membrane’s and seeds removed from half.
- 2 cup Catsup
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Use 1 heaping tbsp
- 4 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4-6 Jalapeno Peppers Sliced into rings
- Habenero Peppers quartered. Remove seeds and membranes from half
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Chees Optional
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Garlic to taste - minced or powder
- Start by building the sauce in a crock pot - just mix all the ingredients in the crock and then turn it to high. Let it simmer while you make the meatballs, stirring occasionally. I like to add a diced red and green pepper, and a sliced onion to the sauce as it simmers.
- You can use your own recipe for meatballs or use the one here. After thoroughly mixing the ground meat and the rest of the ingredients, roll the mixture into tiny meatballs about the size of a melon ball. Brown them in a skillet and add them to the crock pot.
- Let the meatballs and sauce cook all day, stirring occasionally. The longer it cooks the spicier they will be! I usually make them the day before and warm them up in the crock pot later.